Pure Italian: Custom-made Built-in closets around the bed in AbuDhabi
Thinking about renovating? Most people focus the lion's share of their budget on kitchens and bathrooms, but a little money invested wisely, can make a big difference in your bedroom, too. This is especially true in a small bedroom, where a few judicious built-ins can add lots of character and storage space, too. Read on for some of our favorite ideas for built-ins in the bedroom.
- bookcases surrounding the closet door in this bedroom spotted on Fantastic Frank. The extra thick shelves make everything look so classy.
- Built-ins make a small bedroom super efficient. On one side, cabinets frame the bedroom door and a built-in headboard. On the other side of the room, even more, cabinets surround a french door that leads to the outside. Drawers under the bed allow for even more storage.
- Incorporating a vintage wardrobe adds interest to a wall of cabinets.
- The shelves also create a nice little nook around the bed.
- A bed is that also flanked by bookshelves, but these are recessed into the wall, for a more modern look.
- built-in cabinets frame a window seat.
- Or just a shelf recessed into the space above the bed. Architectural Digest via Dustjacket Attic.
Here's a great solution for a small bedroom: wardrobes on either side of the bed, and cabinets above.
Here's another take on the same notion, but with actual closets framing the bed. The little niche to the side of the bed is a nice touch — it serves the function of a nightstand, without taking up any space.
- A built-in desk looks like the perfect spot for inspiration to strike.
If space allows, a bed built into a nook is wonderfully cozy.
Also, a built-in 'headboard' that creates a shelf above the bed. So lovely and minimal and useful.
Here's a great way to work in a little storage without taking up too much visual space: add a long, low console under a window. The way the top of the storage.